A Guide to Prepare Your Car for Transport
You have finally decided to hire the services of an auto shipping company to transport our car to your new residence. Hiring the car shipping company is not the only criteria for getting your car transported without any hassles. You need to get your car prepared before the car shipping company picks it up and ships it to your said location. You have to get your car prepared because it helps in the smooth shipment of you car starting right from your garage.
To prepare car for shipping is not a very tough job and also requires very less time. Here we are going to look at some of the important tips that will help you prepare your car in a better way prior to its shipping.
Prepare car to minimize the damage and also the claims: It is imperative to get your car prepared in a proper way before calling the car moving company to pick it for shipping. A proper packing is necessary to avoid damages and getting the car delivered to your new location on time. Check your car for prior damages and also get all the documents in place.
Checking of the car can be done of you just follow the steps given below:
- Wash your car
- Note down any types of damages that already exist on the car
- You can even get the damages photographed to keep a record of all the damages
Run the following mechanical checks before loading your car on the auto transport:
- Check the air pressure in the tires and also check the battery to see if it fully charged or not.
- Check that the gas tank of your car is only filled quarter to its capacity. A low filled tank allows the shipment to move faster and also the timely delivery of the car.
- Prior to the shipment of the car, watch out for any type of mechanical problems that you or your driver encounters. Get the car serviced in time to repair any type of mechanical damages.
- Document all the problems that you face to let the auto transport company to know in advance about the problems that exist with the car.
Follow the above steps to secure your car on its long journey to you new residence.
Search for any type of personal items that are inside the trunk or on the seats of the car.
This is done because the insurance done by the car moving company does not cover any personal belongings left inside the car. So, check thoroughly to remove any personal belongings.
Check the car for any mechanical glitches:
Before getting your car shipped, you must check whether there are any type of prior mechanical damage in your car or not. Any type of mechanical damages can cause delay in the car being dispatched to your news location.
Prepare car for loading and unloading: Getting your car prepared for loading and unloading also a very important. You need to ensure that the interior and exterior of the car is well protected from any type o transit related damages.
Seal the top for your convertible in order to protect it from any damages that can be caused by air, debris or moisture. Cover the windscreen with a tarp to provide extra protection. Disable the car alarm as it can be a real headache for the people who load or unload you car.